Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cooking for One (Mar 13-20)

1. Turkey Tetrazzini. That's a new one, never tried before. I liked how it turned out, only next time I will either add a bit more cheese or my regular spice mix (onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried chives, a bit of black pepper)

2. Asian Chicken - Soba Noodle Salad. Yeah, a repeat, I know. It's just that I had snow peas left over from last week and I really like this recipe. Oh, and I used turkey fillet instead of chicken this time.

3.Beef & Broccoli Orange Stir Fry. This one is from the latest Clean Eating (Mar/Apr 2010), it was on the cover. Mine maybe doesn't look as good, but it certainly tastes great.

4. Cranberry & Fig Stuffed Chicken Breast. I really missed this one. My ex-husband doesn't like figs, so we made it once back in July, and he didn't want to make it again. But I like figs, and I absolutely love how the flavors combine in this dish.

5. Shrimp & Broccoli Orange Stir Fry. This is uses the sauce from the Beef & Broccoli stir fry recipe (with the addition of sesame oil), but no rice or noodles in here, just a whole bunch of veggies.

6. Eggplant Parmesan with Bulgur and Pine Nuts. This is another favorite I haven't made in months. Not exactly the season for eggplants and tomatoes, but I missed it too much and decided to give it a go even with those pale things they call "hot house tomatoes". Boy, it's soooooo good!

No comments: