Friday, May 14, 2010

Thai Coconut Shrimp, Chicken, etc

1. Thai Coconut Shrimp with Soba Noodles. Love, love, LOVE this recipe. Easy, quick, tasty, filling. I've made it 3 times already and will definitely be making it again.

2.Poached Chicken Breast with Peach - Green Bean Salad. It was very good!An unusual, interesting combination of flavours and textures.

3.Pasta Carbonara. That's an old one, but I haven't made it in a while. It's quick, simple, tastes good.

4. Salmon, Philadelphia & Tortilla with Egg whites & Broccoli & bell peppers. They had some really, REALLY good salmon on sale, and I just couldn't bring myself to cook it all. It was so fresh and glistening with fat that I had to make some of my "salted salmon". Just sprinkle with salt, wrap tightly and refrigerate for 24 h. Slice and enjoy. It's not as salty as smoked salmon, but it doesn't taste exactly like sushi either.



5. Cranberry & Fig Stuffed Chicken Breast. Mmmm... Yes, I know, I already showed this one, but it's just sooo good.

6. Chicken Breasts with Caramelized Onions, Cranberries & Balsamic-Glazed Asparagus. I probably won't be making it with asparagus again, it looks like it makes me sick. Its not the first time I felt strange after eating asparagus, so I won't risk it again. But the onion-cranberry mixture on chicken is amazing, I will definitely make it again.

7.Avocado and Roasted Red Pepper Gazpacho with Scallops. I'm not a big fan of cold soups, but with this hot weather upon us, its actually quite nice. Just make sure avocado is ripe. Mine wasn't, and it was too late to cook anything else instead :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Я что-то тоже сколько не пыталась спаржу готовить, как-то не идет она у меня в больших количествах. Креветки мне тоже понравились.